Thursday, May 19, 2011

No Grand Dad Could Compare

I was at work today talking with an 85 year old Mac user. She was so modest, and portrayed herself to be a novice user that could barely browse the web but it did not take me long to realize she actually knew more than 90 percent of the customers I deal with. I addressed her questions about Pages (similar to Word), and asked her if she had any grand children. She said , "I have a grand son that I love dearly, in fact he's around here somewhere picking things out ill end up buying him". She reminded me so much of Nana (minus her computer knowledge) it was scary. We talked some more and she told me how much her grandson misses his grand dad and how amazing he was. I started to tell her about my grandfather and my throat started to get soar and my eyes welling up and I started to think, "Dammit... You can't cry at work, that's just embarrasing." I kind of stopped mid sentence and fumbled around acting like I was typing something in the computer. Her, being the intuitive women she was simply said, "He must of been an amazing man."

No comments:

Post a Comment